Pray the prayer below – from your heart.
This is not a ritual or ceremony – this is a heart-felt plea from the deepest part of you to the ONLY One who can save you. So do not worry about how you stand, sit, kneel, put your hands together, or lift them up above your head. Just be yourself, and drew near to the Creator of the Universe and EVERYTHING ELSE, humbly and in your truth.
I would suggest, however, that you say this prayer out loud:
Lord Jesus Christ,
I realise that I have been living a lie, that I have bowed down to worldly conditioning.
I am sorry I have ignored you – even denied you.
I now turn away from the world, I repent,
and I declare that I turn to you, and surrender EVERYTHING to you.
I claim your promise that you are faithful and just to forgive all the things I have done in the past that have displeased you – that is sin, and ALL iniquity.
I now ask that, by the power of the Holy Spirit, you come into my life, completely change me,
be my King, my Lord, my Savior, so that I may, at last, become what you originally put me on this earth for.
I thank you that you have done exactly that – instantly – right now – right here – without ceremony.
So, I not only claim that you have forgiven all my past, but I now claim and declare that you ARE in my life – NOW.
Thank you I can now also call you, Jesus, my Brother and my Friend.
I expect to find guidance, from whatever quarter, to help me as I begin to walk this incredible path with You, and I listen out for your voice, because I am now in Your loving hands.
There are a number of things you should now do to find strength and encouragement in your new-found relationship with Yeshua (This is the Aramaic name that I like to call Jesus):
1. Find one or two Christians to tell and seek advice or help on how to grow in Christ.
2. Find a group of Christians who regularly meet together … and introduce yourself to them – and worship the Lord with them.
3. Next is a vital and powerful witness – and a beautiful way to let people know your commitment is to be baptised in water – and expect Jesus to baptize you with fire! (You will know when this happens).
4. Tell somebody – perhaps a friend or family – that you have given your life to Yeshua.
5. Get a bible, and start reading it. A great place to start is the Gospel of John.
6. You will find the need to pray to Yeshua, but I prefer to see it as having an intimate, frank, conversation with Him … and expect Him to answer you – not only verbally, but through other people, through reading the Bible, through nature, in fact search Him out in ANY way (only make sure you are listening to Him and not somebody else. If you are not sure, ask).
7. If you have ANY doubts, or you still do not know what to do, contact me, I will be very happy to talk to you. Just press HERE